ge fridge ice dispenser doesn't work

Hi, I have a ge fridge that is having some issues!

The water works about 80% of the time, but there is absolutely no noise made when I try to get ice out of the dispenser?! Just the flap opens and that's it?! If there is a loose connection in the wires where exactly do I check for that...on the very back of the fridge or in the freezer somwhere?

Thanks!

Is the switch on? Most Ice Makers have a powert switch for the unit and/or also a "ice full" lever

Reply to
JGolan

Where is the switch located?

Hi,

Make, GE. Model#?

model# helps.

Inside the door dispensor, in the door dispensor control, inside the freezer where the dispensor motor is.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:checked for kincked water line

Reply to
hallerb

Typically right on the Icemaker. Some model use the "Full" detector also as a switch

Reply to
JGolan