Gas tank drain?

Is there a drain on the carburator float bowl? Some have one. If so you

*might* be able to drain the gas tank completely using that drain. If not perhaps you can just remove the float bowl and let the gas run out of it.

Personally I've usually found it easiest to remove the fuel line just past the fuel shut-off valve which makes it easy to empty the gas tank into a gas can but in my case I've always been able to access that particular part of the fuel line.

Reply to
Ulysses

I'd like to be able to rain the fuel from my generator's tank but they have made it a pure PITA to get the line off at either end. I once had a link to a company that sold all sorts of fittings. Anyone have a link for such hardware?? TIA

Reply to
C & M

This is Turtle.

I would cut the fuel line between the fuel tank and the carberator and drain it in a can there. Then install a fuel filter there by using clamps or compression fittings. No big deal.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Reply to
C & M

I am toying with the idea of putting a T just past my shut-off with another shutoff on the leg. Then I can drain it by just turning the valve vice having to undo hoses. Wish I had done it last year when I installed the original shutoff. I wonder about the safety of it tho as I can see the drain valve possible getting bumped and opening while in operation.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K