Gas range control replacement

I have a GE XL44 gas stove with 4 burners. The valve, second from the right, is the maximum output burner. This valve seems to be shot. It does not have the tension on it that the others do and will only light if I crank it up full to get some gas, then down to the ignition to catch and back up again.

The fascia behind the control knobs is held by 3 screws, but then it seems I have to lift the top somehow to get at the rest.

Now - is this a big deal to replace? Does anyone know of a web site? I remember when my dryer messed up there was a web site with instructions on how to dissassemble and repair and it worked just great.

TIA.

Reply to
Ebeneezer Geezer

Hi,

XL44 is a name and not the model#.....

helps.

With the power and gas off, not normally too bad of a job :)

Probably not model specific, but we may find something similier to yours.....what ever that looks like ;)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

According to the great god of labels, this beast is a model # JGBP35WEV3WW serial # TM24039BP - General electric, white, with 4 burners and a built in oven.

Point noted about power and gas off. I did find schematics and a adjustment instructions in an envelope taped on the back of it.

Reply to
Ebeneezer Geezer

Is that for the front or rear burner? You can see each replacement valve at the following links.

Right front burner valve:

Right rear burner valve:
It looks like they're just screwed on to the gas manifold pipe but I'm afraid I can't tell you how to access them. You can see the parts breakdowns for that model at this link though:

(should be on one line)

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi,

Some pics that may help....

VALVE BURNER CTL RT FT

BURNER CTL RT RR

The cook top should have clips under the front area, the burners and grates come off straight up, the electrode sparkers will unplug.

Hope something here helps,

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Yep -all of this is helpful (especially now I know the actual model number - lol). I called a local distributer and they ordered in that valve for me - it should be here in a few days. Hopefully it bears some resemblance to the original.

The sheet I found on the back gives me a few clues about getting the top off. And (and this is a big and) I especially take note of shutting off gas and power to it before meddling with it. LOL.

However, I don't think I will mess with it until AFTER I get my nice juicy cooked xmas turkey out of the thing!

JGBP35WEV3WW

Reply to
Ebeneezer Geezer