Gas fire place ignitor

I would like to install an ignitor on my vented gas fireplace. Does anyone know of any company that makes such a kit? I thought about installing the kind of ignitor that comes on the outdoor gas stoves. The wires would have to be extended and uninsulated so that they could withstand the heat.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Reply to
Mark Savoy

Some of them already come with them. Call your manufacturer and ask if they have a kit.

Reply to
Bob