gas filler pipel

Did you all know there is an arrow on the gas gauge which shows which side of the car the gas filler pipe is on?

Reply to
micky

Yes. Here ya go:

Dean Hoffman

More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

I feel so bad for them. If someone would publish their numbers, I would call a few.

-------------

Reply to
micky

They are the winners. They have never been interrupted by the lady at "cardholder services" or the Chinese scammer lady or microsoft service or the IRS scammer or ......

Reply to
Bob F

Yes - has been for decades.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

It might be on *some* cars, but it's not universal and it can't be that common. Never heard of it until now and just checked a BMW and Mercedes, neither has it. I've rented a lot of cars, been in other cars, if they had it, I never saw it.

Reply to
trader_4

It is a newer idea than Clare suggests and far from universal, even 12 years ago. My 97 Honda, 2008 Lincoln and 2000 Ford truck don't have it.

Reply to
gfretwell

I looked at the gauge on my Chevrolet, no arrow. There is a gas pump icon that's on the same side.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Look again at your 2000 ford. My 1996 has it. My 1995 Mystique had it. It appears the 1995-ish Ford Areostars with metric speedos (Canadian market) had the arrow while the US model did not.. It's been pretty much universal on Canadian market vehicles for at least 2 decades now - which means since at least since 1999.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

You are right on the Fords, It is right there with the gas pump symbol and I never noticed it. Not true on the Honda.

Reply to
gfretwell

Take another look. On a 2008 MKX it is there - hiding in plain sight

- arrow on the left side of the "icon" fuel pump. It's on every 2000 F150 I've seen too.- and actually labelled as such. Even on the F250 and 350 Super Dutys - Even checked an US market one.

Honda seems to have bucked the trend

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Some chevys have the arrow, others have the fuel "icon" on the side of the guage that matches the fuel filler - the HHR had the arrow -the silverado didn't -06 and up impala had the arrow -2000-2005 did not.

Reply to
Clare Snyder