Garbage Disposal lining?

I bought a new house and the garbage disposal they left doesn't work. It gets stuck on something inside the disposal. So I took the pipe and top of to look inside and I found a thick (1/4 in) yellow rubber lining that it's hitting and that is blocking part of the outlet. Is that suppose to be there or am I looking at something old and disturbing that should be removed?

Thank you for your help /Mats

Reply to
matstara

Quit messing with it. As long as you have it out, toss it and run over to your local home center. Get one of the Insinkerator Evolution series disposers. They're reasonably priced and probably so much quieter than the one you are thinking of trying to fix. Congratualations on the new house. You deserve a new disposer.

DerbyDad03

I totally dissembled an Insinkerator once, cleaned it and reassembled. It took 3-4 hours to do it right. The issue besides the time is parts. If something breaks, can you fix it or find a new part?

Disposals are cheap. Get a good one.

Reply to
franz frippl