Garbage disposal

Hi, Our light duty Insinkerator ISE 333 had it's time after ~10 years. I'd like to get a newer direct fit replacement if there is one. To me it looks like Evolution series may fit the bill. Any comments/suggestions? TIA,

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Love my Evolution!

Don't know if it's a "direct fit" but it sure was a breeze to replace my old Kenmore with the Evolution.

My favorite feature (besides how quiet it is) is the fact that the rubber sound baffle is removable.

With my Kenmore, the rubber baffle was sandwiched between the sink and the chrome ring. After years of sticking my hand into the drain to remove items, the baffle was all ripped up and not doing it's job.

The Insinkerator baffle pops right out so it remains in pristine condition. If it ever does go bad, it'll be a breeze to replace.

My least favorite feature is how quiet it is. Sometimes I forget it's even running until I turn the water off! ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I have one and love it also. It is very quiet and works well, and is an easy install.

ROANIN

I have an Evolution Essential. It's not the biggest they make, but it looked like the right compromise between size and price. My old one was a light duty GE POS that would sometimes just swirl stuff around for a long time before getting around to grinding it. The new one installed without any problem. The Evolution will grind anything quickly and quietly. Don't drop plasticware in it - it will quite happily eat it up :-)

So I'm very happy with performance. In 5 or 10 years I'll know how happy I am about longevity.

Reply to
Zootal

YES! Spend the bucks and get a good one. I don't have one of the Evolutions, but I would buy one just from the user reports here. I have replaced several in the past few years, and I find that going with the midline stuff is better than the cheapo or underpowered units. The good ones pay for themselves over time. I'd say go with the Evolution as suggested, don't look back, and enjoy just flipping the switch and having it work.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

BTW...

Shop around. Sort of.

HD and Lowes carry different versions of basically the same model. Maybe an 1/8 of a horsepower difference or some other such silliness just to ensure that they can't be price-matched.

One store carries the Compact model, the other carries the SpaceSaver. Things like that. It seems like the low end models and high end models match up, but the mid-range models (read: the ones that most people buy) are just enough different that they won't price match.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I replaced mine with the heavy duty version. While it is larger every thing lines up in the same place. It automatically reverses directions when it gets jammed. I haved had it for about 5 years and have never had to crawl under the sink since I installed it. The only complaint may be that it is too good. If you drop something in it that is not suppose to be there you will have little chance to get it back in any kind of usable condition. My wife found out about this by getting a collectable spoon in it.

With the light duty one I could count on once a month having to crawl under the sink to clear a jam.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Hi, Thanks, all. Up here think their model number is like 444SS, 555SS which is definitely a Evolution series. 555SS has SS grinder and chamber which I just ordered. Picking it up tomorrow. Thanks again. Happy new year.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

BTW...

Shop around. Sort of.

HD and Lowes carry different versions of basically the same model. Maybe an 1/8 of a horsepower difference or some other such silliness just to ensure that they can't be price-matched.

One store carries the Compact model, the other carries the SpaceSaver. Things like that. It seems like the low end models and high end models match up, but the mid-range models (read: the ones that most people buy) are just enough different that they won't price match. ===============================================

Butt another reason to love Merka.

Reply to
Existential Angst