Garage Door Problem

My Garage door opener closes the door, stops for about 2 seconds then opens the door right back up again. This is sporadic as there are times when it will close and stay closed but this is really annoying! I checked the sensors to make sure there were no obstrucions and also checked the garage floor and door seal to ensure that there is nothing obstructing the door from reaching it's closed position. Is there an adjustment on the opener that controls the closed position?

Thanks in Advance, -Mike

Reply to
Mike Bittel

There are adjustments that control the amount of travel, and the closing force. Check your owner's manual. If you don't have one, get on a stepladder and have a look at the opener, and you'll probably figure it out. My first guess is that the closing force is set just a hair too light.

Reply to
Doug Miller