Garage door opener help

You have no idea. At least here people catch on quick. Elsewhere she tosses a few grenades and the reverberations last for weeks.

Reply to
Pico Rico

He was a total idiot and ass. I had just gotten out of the hospital and was very ill and weak. I couldn't stay out there and watch him. He just kept leaving again and again and didn't put things right. I spent hours and hours all through the day and night trying to get the company to answer the phone. I didn't even think to ask for the manuals but from what I read online, this unit is a bitch to reprogram.

But... None of this would explain why when I put in the 2 digits, it would start to close and then reopen. At any rate, this guy didn't know what he was doing at all.

If there are any more problems, I will not call this place again. I will call my bro's neighbor. Yes, I'll have to pay. But I don't care.

Reply to
Julie Bove

No he did not. You don't know the installer. He wouldn't even answer his phone after they told him to come out here. I suspect it is because he did not like me. And he knows that I did not like him. Especially after he tried to scam me out of some money that my husband had already paid him. And because they had to keep sending him back again and again to put the job right. It still isn't right but it was as good as I was going to get.

Reply to
Julie Bove

As I said... I already called them once. They sent me two new Clickers so I could take the clips off of them. I don't think the make and model are even necessary to know. The item in question is not the garage door opener itself but the item called the Clicker. It is the wireless keypad. This is it right here. You can see the model number there.

Julie Bove

I'm not pulling anything. All of the ranch style houses have the little garage. I don't know why it is that way except that they have the water heater out there. This used to be a very small 2 bedroom house. It has a small shed built in on the outside of the garage so why the garage is on there is beyond me. Had I built the house, I would have made a much larger kitchen with a pantry. The garage is what I wound up using as a pantry because there isn't enough space in the kitchen for much food.

This house and many others that used to be like it have been remodeled. This house is now 1700 sq. feet with three bedrooms and two full baths.

Reply to
Julie Bove

I wish you'd go away. I did ask about specific things and so far nobody I have asked has had an answer. I suppose I could try calling support again but when I had to do that for the clips I spent several hours on the phone being bounced from wrong department to wrong department.

Reply to
Julie Bove

There is nothing to catch on to. Everything I have said is the truth but nothing about this makes any sense to me. My friends were freaking out about it and telling me to change the passcode. Yeah, the tech. knows it but I can't figure out how to do it and I'm pretty sure nobody else could figure it out given the confusing online instructions. So... I'd still have to call another tech. to change it. Plus, we are not wealthy and we have nothing really of value in here.

Reply to
Julie Bove

I don't really want her climbing ladders. She had a stress fracture in her back and then some problems following that. Husband and I are both disabled but in different ways. Neither of us should climb a ladder but... In looking it up online, the reprogramming is done totally at the Clicker itself and not the garage door opener. But the three reviewers said it was a PITA to try to reprogram so I don't want to try.

Reply to
Julie Bove

I didn't know that they made them that were not wireless. Hmmm... At any rate I know know that this model isn't a very good one. At least not according to online reviews.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Can you find the model number by matching your opener, including its accessories (keypad, remotes, wall console), to a picture at HomeDepot.com, Sears.com, or Amazon.com?

You can get instructions from Chamberlain's website, but I think that requires specifying the model number. However Sears.com sells both Chamberlain and Sears Craftsman brand openers (made by Chamberlain) and has user manuals available on each model's web page.

You can change the PIN of the keypad unit without pressing the purple button on the overhead unit if you can get the current PIN to work: Enter the current PIN, then press and hold # until the overhead unit blinks or clicks. Then enter the new PIN and hit ENTER. With my Chamberlain, you don't normally press # after entering the PIN, and the PIN can be only 4 digits, not 5 or

  1. With some models you can also program the other remotes without pressing the purple button on the overhead unit, provided the wall console has more than one button. Some require pressing and holding the LIGHT button and then then the open/close button, while other consoles have a LEARN button, possibly hidden behind a swing-up lid:

However the following model does not allow configuring the remotes through the wall console because it has only one button:

It may be possible that installing a multi-button wall console will allow programming the remotes through it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the overhead unit isn't designed for that.

If you phone Chamberlain, beware that they have 3 levels of employees: installers, technicians, and senior technicians, and you probably want to speak with one of the last two.

Reply to
larrymoencurly

Julie, the only reason you got bounced around from department to department was sheer vindictiveness. There are folks at Chamberlain who have it in for their co-workers. What better way to ruin their day than to foist a drama queen like on them?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I have been begging the folks over in a food group to just ignore this one. I personally think she is made up, as her stories never make sense, her threads lack consistency, and her posts seem designed to stir things up to no end.

Save A.H.R. Don't respond to this one, or to those suckers who respond to her.

Reply to
Pico Rico

Hmmm, I think every thing you touch go bad instantly or you have very low IQ, or it is your hobby and enjoyment wasting lot of our time. When I see your name poips up from now on I will stay away as far as I can. Really there are full of people of many different kind in this world. You don't have a man folk in your family? what are they doing? You only get incompetent bums for service too? How come? Jesus Christ!!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Don't bother, save your time. She has a mental problem, enjoys playing game with all of us here.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

BINGO!

When I see

OH MAN, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING THERE!

Reply to
Pico Rico

see, this is where the average person would call customer service at the company that made the product, but she won't

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

I think you are always wrong. Dumb question brings a;lways dumb answer and that is always free of course, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The return of the Sputnik Forces?

Reply to
larrymoencurly

You will think that I am stupid but I don't know what the PIN is. Would this be the passcode minus the last two zeros?

Reply to
Julie Bove

No I don't but for sure I am out of here. I don't need this.

Reply to
Julie Bove