garage door infrared beam problems when cold

Hi, Sometimes when closing, my garage door reverses. It seems to happen more when it is cold. I've tried releasing the opener and running it manually. There is no significant binding. The reverse happens at random locations on the close cycle. If I hold the inside button down during the close cycle it will close all the way. This all leads me to think it is the infrared beam that is having problems. I've tried re-aiming it. The LED on the receiver is on solid when it should be. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
autonut843

Make sure the LED and receptors are clean. Grease tends to get thick when cold and metal may flex into positions that cause binding. The lube in the motor and on the chain or screw may also be getting cold and causing problems.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Cold weather, light beam. perhaps there is condensation on the emitter or sensor caused by the exhaust of the car. IR light is scattered easily by water vapor and ice. Also check for a loose or intermittant connection with the wiring which can open by vibration

Reply to
PipeDown