Frozen Ants in Freezer

We recently purchased a new fridge so we put the old side by side one out in the garage as a beer fridge. Lately, it hasn't seemed to be keeping things very cold, depsite having performed perfectly well before. Today I opened up the freezer side and was disgusted to find a huge pile of frozen ants in there. First off, how and why did they crawl into the freezer??? And secondly, could this be why the fridge is performing so poorly? Where would I look to see if perhaps they've clogged some aspect of the fridge's cooling system?

-Fleemo

Reply to
fleemo17

The freezer door seal wasn't closed tightly.

Thats why

Reply to
Rudy

Thanks for your reply, Rudy. I cleaned up the ants and made sure the doors were sealed tightly. A few days later and the fridge is still not very cold. :(

I'll search through the forum here and see if I can find an answer, and if not, post a new question.

Best regards.

-F

Rudy wrote:

Reply to