Sprinklers won't turn

I'm renting a place with a large yard that I have to keep watered. I've been provided with long hoses and two sprinklers, the kind that sweep right and left, with an arm that interupts the stream in rhythmic fashion. The problem is, after a few days, both stopped "returning;" when they go into the quick-ticking mode, where they're supposed to return to the right-hand starting point and start ticking left again, they just remain stuck in the extreme left position, quick-ticking for nothing.

At least one will return to something like normal operation if I let it sit unused for a few days; the other one just went out of service last night, so I don't know if it'll come back online or not.

Is there some kind of maintenance I'm supposed to be doing to prevent this from happening? '

Thanks.

Reply to
rkhen

Hi, If water pressure is too low, they won't work normal.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If the water pressure is too high, they won't work 'normal' either

Reply to
Rudy

And clogged strainers can cause low pressure.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Ya... Make sure nobody has put any snakes into your water pipes!

Reply to
Noozer

Yea, I almost forgot about that one. Next time don't bother reminding me. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You're against snake-based watering?

Reply to
mm

Some may have a lifetime warranty - Check with the mfg.

As for what you can do. Low or high water pressure will cause these to not work. Also, hard water deposits will cause problems.

What I do - Disassemble and clean with CLR (to remove hard water deposits) then I lubricate all moving parts and 'O' rings with plumbers grease. If these are the $5 variety just trash them and get new onces. If they are the $100 variety then do as above then they should be good as new.

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

No