Frigidaire dishwasher fixed

I have a Frigidaire model FDB935RHB0 that wasn't draining the water. I pulled it apart and found the impeller blade was separated from the motor shaft, and just "free spinning" on the motor shaft. So I thought, just go buy a new impeller blade. WRONG. The impeller comes WITH the MOTOR and runs $179! You know what I did? Take some J B Weld (the red tube, NOT the orange) and glue that sucker back onto the shaft of the motor. Now, be careful! You have to assemble it COMPLTELY back into the dishwasher before JB Weld dries! You cannot glue it together and then reinstall it because you will never get it back together, the impeller blade MUST be put back on from the INSIDE. Let epoxy dry overnight and it has been running like a dream for over a year, now. Everyday!

I'll bet I have saved over $1,000 since I've discovered J. B. Weld! THANK YOU JB!

Reply to
earlnrach

Good for you. Half the price of a new machine for one part is overkill. Nice that your fis is working.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski