fridge water shuts off to

Randy:

X > whenever i get a glass of water from the fridge dispenser, after you remove X > the glass it takes a full second for the water to stop. and it seems to be X > slowly getting longer. its long enough that if you just pull the glass awa

X > when done it squirts water all over.

Bet that's starting to make a mess! On the 'fridge I have here the selonoid for the ice and water is located at the left bottom rear of the unit as one looks at it from the front. With the water dispenser that means the shut off is quite a ways away from the dispenser. I'm wondering if perhaps after a decade the plastic piping and container in the back of the refrigerator expands some and the dribble is due to returning to it's no-pressure size?

  • I said, "Installs in minutes." I didn't say how many!
Reply to
barry martin

That is a possibility many manufacturers are experiencing on the fridge model which use a molded plastic water reservoir. Many of them now supply a 'repair kit' which consists of a roll of tubing which replaces the original molded tank. You can see a number of those repair kits at the following link:

Another possibility is insufficient water pressure at the fridge's water valve that you described. If not enough pressure is supplied to it, the may not seal tightly right away when power it discontinued to it. A frequent cause of reduced water pressure is the use of a 'self piercing' saddle valve being installed on the house water pipe for the fridge's water supply.

You can read how the water valves used on appliances work at this link:

JFYI

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~