For Sale. $241 Million, 18,000 Square Feet

This place in London might be livable.

Text only.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Yeah, it nice but I'd have to repaint the bedroom. Don't like the color. I want something move in condition.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you were to ask me pre-pandemic - what sectors would see a dramatic boom - real estate would not have made my list. Is it like this in other places ? In southern Ontario and in many other places in Canada - the real estate boom is .. well .. booming ! Bidding wars .. Who'da thunk it. Low mortgage rates - for sure - but but .. .. very precarious employment ; .. over-spent governments at all levels ; ... global unrest ; etc . I'd be a little leery of signing onto a huge mortgage under these conditions - I guess the young'uns still feel secure for some strange reason ? .. or it's foreign big money ? speculators ? Dunno. John T.

Reply to
hubops

The closet city to me is Lincoln, NE. Housing prices are up 13% from last year. Houses sell in 5 days on average compared to 21 last year. Median price is $235 thousand.

Dean Hoffman

The house I sold 2 1/2 years ago is valued at 25k more than what I sold it for. The house I bought to replace it is now 30k more so I guess I made 5k.

The house next door to me sold in two days and the new owners won't be here until October.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm not talking $ 20 - 30 k.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

I agree. Market is booming in NJ/NYC area too, outside NYC itself. I would never have predicted it. It's so hot I'm thinking of getting the hell out of here myself.

Reply to
trader_4

The TV announcer said something about people wanting to get out of big urban areas. The area they showed is way too crowded. I noticed, too, that the realtor doesn't look a bit like the ones on the Flipping Vegas show.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman