Flying Car

Garages might have to be changed a bit to make room for this thing. It has an IC engine.

Dean Hoffman

Turd Ferguson

They ain't half bad.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Nah, I don't.know. Don't the wings take up all the trunk space?

Reply to
micky

Seems like a warm climate application only.

Who's going to de-ice it before takeoff? A simple snow-brush isn't going get the snow and ice out of all the crevices and mechanisms.

It passed flight testing in Slovakia and the flight tests were "were compatible" with European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) standards. That's not the same thing as getting EASA (or FAA) approval.

It's definitely cool, but I think his 12 month availability projection is just a tad optimistic.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Oh great! Now we have to worry about flying cars making left hand turns in front of flying motorcycles. ;-)

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Note that it's ice on the wing surfaces that affects camber, and ice on the propeller that cause the most problems. It's not the weight of the ice that causes problems.

The flying car will likely be restricted to altitudes below 10,000 ft ASL and non-icing conditions.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I can imagine a free spirit driving down a quiet highway and deciding it's time to Fly Like an Eagle. Spray planes usually have their own airports but they could use a two lane highway.

Dean Hoffman