Two more deaths at Grand Canyon

Saw this articles about two more people falling to their death in the Grand Canyon
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/2-more-fatal-falls-at-grand-canyon-follow-dozens-of-others/ar-BBVUv3D?li nb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
Now it was a silly idea to build something like that to begin with. Given the danger, it should be filled in and brought back up to level.
Where is Congress when it comes to important issues? There should be regulations on canyon depth. Beside, we can use the landfill space.

That used to be what I liked about the west, stupid people could kill themselves there and nobody gave a shit. They are going to turn it in to Nerf World where there are safety rails and restrictions on everyone, just because a few eastern snowflakes, who will never go there anyway, are shocked.
It is actually as stupid as the government requiring a fence around a swimming pool where there is a sea wall 25 feet away and a river you could drown in. The fence they require won't even keep the gators out of the pool.

Yah, won't be long and OSHA will require a life vest when using the toilet.
On 4/15/19 5:17 AM, Teresa Maynot wrote:
[snip]

"A full bladder is a container of liquid. We won't let you on the plane until it's emptied. We use catheters to make sure."
Teresa Maynot posted for all of us...

HAAA good one.
--
Tekkie

+1
--
Tekkie

On 4/14/19 4:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Perhaps they could build a cover over the canyon, and then paint the cover to look like the canyon.
Using a technique called Trompe-l'oeil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trompe-l'%C5%93il
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:26:55 -0400, "\"Retired"@home.com wrote:

Yes. I've seen that in Italy.
They could make more than one cover, they have helicopter rides over the canyone in Virginia and Minnesota, so people didn't have to drive all the way to Arizona.

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 14 Apr 2019 16:17:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski

You're right. 8 feet seems like more than enough. That's if the surface is somewhat soft without rocks. If it's hard, 3 feet.

And the people who make culverts will be happy too.
On 4/14/19 4:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Darwin working his magic, one imbecile at a time.

Darwin award candidates.
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Congress is there to collect their paychecks, make money on the side, gain power and make the citizens obey + other things that escape me at the moment.
--
Tekkie