Flicker free LED bulbs

Looks nifty to have for an RV.

Reply to
cshenk

That sucks! I have not had that problem.

Reply to
Bob F

80% of 15A.
Reply to
Scott Lurndal

15 x 120 x 0.8 = 1440W ?

1250 is close to 1A each for 10 receptacles. Going from memory, commercial receptacles count as 1.5A. Maybe? But not for residential.

Reply to
bud--

Oh, yeah. You can break off the outer cap sometimes.

Reply to
micky

They make it really hard for kids to stick things in

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Most electricians would rather use one size wire for as much as possible so they only need to carry 2 or 3 wire sizes - 14 for normal circuits. 12 for 20 amp, and stove/dryer cable

Reply to
Clare Snyder

My build crew was one step lazier - there's no 14ga in this house.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Sometimes I remove the outer cap, but other times I just drop a few drops of super glue between the two caps. Both ways work well.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Good friend is having her kitchen redone. Has "edison" circuit splits on countertop. Being a StabLok panel 2 pole GFCI breakers run about $300 up here in Canada so we will have to double up the box and install 2 duplex GFCI outlets in each location. Will be installing Dead-Face GFCI outlets "in series" with the separate circuits for refrigerator, OTR Microwave, and dish washer - at the panel - because single 15 amp StabLok breakers are almost $100 each - dead-faces are about $25.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I hear mine without my hearing aids - with hearing aids virtually not.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

vERY interesting. I read about a hearing aid that covered up single tone tinnitus, so for the first time I went to see a hearing aid company. She told me that, Yes, it worked for single tones, but what I had was not that. As I said before, it's the sound of water running in a pipe, shhhhhhhhhhhhh, and she said that was a composite tone, and it wouldn't work. Surely if it would have she'd have been happy to sell me something, but maybe your experience is different. Should I try again, another company?

Reply to
micky

Those sound like some fancy breakers.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

So did some girls I dated.

Reply to
Ed P
[snip]

I didn't know about using super glue. That could be easier. Thanks.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

That might explain why this house built in 1969 has no 15A circuits. All

240V circuits are 30A (except the 50A for central A/C).
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Must have gotten a good deal on #12 - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

They are aftermarket replacements for an obsolete panel who's original manufacturer went out of business before GFCI was code. Still cheaper than replacing the panel which requires bringing SO MUCH MORE up to code.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Could probably add a subpanel that takes modern breakers.

StabLok wss FPE - Federal Pacific Electric. Reliance Electric bought FPE and found out fraudulent test results had been sent to UL. UL pulled the listing for part or all of FPE. Quite sure you have heard all that. Did the scandal hit Canada? I thought Canada was selling StabLok under another brand - Challenger?

Limited testing by the CPSC found some breakers failed one of the trip tests and GFCIs, which I think were very new, might jam and never trip.

Reply to
bud--
[snip]

I know two people who have had house fires because of FPE panels. One actually saw the panel glowing.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd