I would junk the battery blower and get a gas powered one for a lot less . Just use the ethanol free fuel in it as that ethanol usually eats the fuel lines in a few years.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Colour Sergeant Bourne wrote on 4/5/2024 3:06 PM:

#1. You can save your money by splitting your leaf blowing into two sessions.

#2. Buy the whole set, and then sell only the blower.

#3. Buy the whole set, and keep the blower as spare.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Check Amazon first. They can surprise you. I got a spare lithium battery and charger for 65$ not long ago. You didn't list enough specs to look it up but hint is it's normally printed on the battery or you have manfacturer and model number. Look it up both ways on Amazon. Apt to hit free shipping if not already prime member.

Reply to
cshenk

Trade off with gas versions is weight. You may be young so it's a non-issue but Don's 73...

Reply to
cshenk

I guess that age is not the thing, but the health at age. I am 74 and use gas chain saws and a gas leaf blower and weed eater. I do admit that I do not run the chain saws very long at a time and the largest is only 18 inches. The new Echo 16 inch saw is very light compaired to the other saws.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

If God had meant for us to use batteries, He wouldn't have given us extension cords. Go with God.

Reply to
micky

True but usually by 70 there are concerns.

Reply to
cshenk

Had a similar problem years ago with battery operated grass trimmer and hedge trimmer with replacement of batteries costing as much as the whole set. Now for yard work I go with corded or gasoline powered equipment.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Fri, 5 Apr 2024 15:06:32 -0400, Colour Sergeant Bourne posted for all of us to digest...

I would advise getting an OEM battery if it is Li. Then you can have less worry about the possibility of having a fire. The fake OEM batteries are another sketchy proposition. I would stay away from Amazon batteries of unknown origin. Just because it says Panasonic cells doesn't mean squat; it may lack the thermal overrun sensor. Look at all the e-bike fires in NYC.

If it's Ni-Cad disregard this message.

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz