side/approach lamps!

Checking out cars. Some have side/approach lamps!

Why don't they just call them turn signals on the side mirrors?

Reply to
micky

micky wrote on 4/4/2024 3:51 PM:

Because they are not "turn signals on the side mirrors".

2020 Subaru Outback: Approach Lights
invalid unparseable

" puddle lights " John T.

Reply to
hubops

That was very helpful.

Oh. I get it. The video by someone trying to answer the same question I had. didn't show that, only the turn signal.

Reply to
micky

micky wrote on 4/4/2024 5:00 PM:

My car has turn signal on the side mirror, but not the approach light.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The puddle light is not the same as a turn signal on the mirror. The mirror turn signal is referred to as a "repeater" while the "puddle light" is a "Courtesy Light" and is referred to as a "side approach" light because it lights when the key fob comes in range "on approach" to the car.

Reply to
Clare Snyder