Flicker free LED bulbs

Old movies were 24FPS, weren't they?? Talkies were 14-26FPS.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Rectifiers

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I know one house I lived in had that, probably the one built in 1950.

This one, built in '79 only had a ceiling fixture in the kitchen and the dining area, before I put one in two of the bedrooms.

There's a switch in every bedroom that turns on an outlet, but I find it of no practical use. One lamp will not illuminate more than a little corner of a room.

I put everything I added on one circuit, the light and receptacles above the basement work bench, the ceiling lights in the bedrooms, the attic roof fan and the attic light.

Reply to
micky

Definitely could tell the differece between 25 anf 60 hz. Between 50 and 60 you can tell the difference if they are side by side

- particularly if it is a 60hz transformer running on 50 and it starts to saturate - - - - anyone with "perfect pitch" could tell you if it was 50 or 60 even when not side by side.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Yes, I think I read that here. Definitely a reliable source.

Reply to
micky

Most people don't have perfect pitch, and many don't come close.

If I hear a C and a D, or even an E, I can't tell which is higher.

Even though I play the piano fairly well, because the two are unrelated.

Reply to
micky

I have 2 dimmable LED spotlights in the bedroom that we used dimmed to a low setting for reading lights. Very directional so their light doesn't go to the wrong persons side. One of those lights flickers if dimmed too low while the other is on. Turn it up a little or turn off the other and no flicker. They are both on the same 20 amp circuit.

Reply to
Bob F

(Assuming you are serious..)

Ed is trying to win Ed's Worst Post Ever award?

I thought it was really funny. Like the dangers of Polio vaccine.

Reply to
bud--

The US-NEC does not have separate lighting circuits. Some receptacles are on power/nonlighting circuits - laundry, bathroom, kitchen related. General lighting circuits can have computers and other nonlighting loads.

Reply to
bud--

Perfect pitch isn't required to tell whether one sound is higher than the other.

Each pitch in a chromatic scale is approximately 10 Hz different from the preceding or succeeding note. The human ear is capable of distinguishing much finer gradations.

Good thing you don't play the trombone, or any other instrument that requires you to produce the desired pitch yourself.

All these years later, I can still hear A 440 Hz in my head from tuning up in high school band.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

In NC you can get an outside light with a flat rate. I think it is about 12 or 13 dollars per month. When they first came out years ago they were either 2 or 3 dollars per month. I have one that lights up my back yard. It was in use when we bought the house and my wife wanted to keep it as I was working a lot of night shifts at the time.We are out in the country and there is only one house very near us and it is about 200 feet away from our house.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Get this one, 19 outlets on back porch. All on one lighting circuit...

Reply to
cshenk

We have that same oddball switch setup. Built 1963. Upgraded to

200amp by first owner. (we are only 3rd owner). We still have spare lighting and regular circuits unused.
Reply to
cshenk

I was taught the 15amps were lighting and the others are 20.

Reply to
cshenk

House built in 1979, I think all the circuits except the dryer, the stove, and AC, which are all 220, are 15.

There are still unused slots in the breaker box. The circuit I added used one of the formerly unused slots and I made it 15. Very little gets used at once. The roof fan uses quite a bit and it's on all day in the summer, and the ceiling fixtures in the bedrooms have 3 bulbs each, but are usually on at night, not when the fan is on. And now they use led bulbs anyhow, not incandescent.

I have a lot of circuits and I don't think I've ever tripped a breaker, except the GFI. One GFI for the outside outlet and the ones in each bathroom and by the kitchen sink. When I first moved in it tripped every few weeks and I couldn't find the reason. I thought they were very expensive, but I broke down and bought a new one. When she rang it up it wasn't expensive at all. That took care of the problem. I leave the outside extension cord lying in the grass all year long, rain and snow, and I may have tripped the GFI once or twice in 15 years because of that, not sure, can't remember.

Reply to
micky

You were taught a good way, but that is not code. Bathroom and kitchen are the only places it is required to be 20A.

You can have 10 outlets but should be a max of 1250W on a 15A circuit.

15A allows the builder to cheap out and use 14ga instead of 12ga wire.
Reply to
Ed P

Cindy Hamilton wrote on 4/7/2024 4:54 AM:

I can't find my ass with both hands.

Reply to
micky

How does your TV get DC power? There are ways to rectify the lack of DC.

I ran a Strong Trouper Carbon Arc follow spot for three years. The actors could feel the heat from the arc on stage - the spotlight was located in the projection booth behind the balcony.

A set of carbons would last about an hour, I'd swap them for new carbons during intermission[*], then fire it up and test it on the wall above the proscenium briefly before the second act. It could get uncomfortably warm in the projection booth with the carbons burning.

[*] Pliers and an oven glove to catch the stubs.
Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Bathrooms have to be 20A! My 3 bathrooms have only one bulb ceiling lights each and one exhaust fan each. And one receptacle each, but I don't know if that is the same circuit. Are they really supposed to be on 20A fuses?

(If someone is cold, he's on his own.)

I put in 2 bathrooms a 2-bulb and a 4-bulb fixture above the mirror. I connected one to the existing wiring by interrupting the wires to the fan, but I don't remember where I found power for the other one. Even

5 bulbs and a fan is nowhere near 15 amps.
Reply to
micky

This post was forged. I didn't post any reply to Cindy until this very post. The forger was diligent, even getting my from- info and client info and news server correct. First impression points to Wannabe because in two posts he changed what the prior poster had said. That's the problem with doing that... It makes one a suspect in later forgeries.

Reply to
micky