Fireplace blower

I have a blower on the gas fireplace which makes an extreme amount of noise. There are even popping noise when it is cut on. The blower is specialized for the fireplace (majestic). I've removed the blower and plugged it in outside the fireplace and it is loud but doesn't make the popping noise. The insert looks pretty basic and I can't understand where this noise is coming from. Any ideas?

Reply to
Ms.Homeworker

Do you have a sound system with a subwoofer that is always on? My insert blowere makes the subwoofer pop everytime it turns on. I've learned to ignore it. Guess they are on the same circuit.

Reply to
Art

I dont know the set up , but is there a door that opens when the blower is turned on. A door that is to keep it sealed when off.

Reply to
m Ransley

I doubt it. Most inserts are made to give off heat even when power fails so they can be used without the fan going thus no doors used for sealing drafts.

Reply to
Art

Nothing else is on the ciruit and the popping seems to come from the fireplace. I'm going to plug it into a different spot and see if the noise continues (it plugs in under the fireplace.

There also doesn't appear to be any type of a door. The opening is just holes.

Reply to
Ms.Homeworker