FIOS box batteries

Youtube has videos of transformers exploding. When they go, sometimes they go in a spectacular way.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Thanks, I will see how much my guy will charge for the battery & installation. The batteries are about $29 on Amazon. Verizon wants $100 for the installation & $50 for the battery. If I opt to replace the battery I will probably be dead before the battery...

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Come on, replacing the battery isn't THAT dangerous!!! <BG>

Reply to
Clare Snyder

A FIOS battery?

You just open the cover, detach the snap on leads, attach the new battery, close the cover. If I remember right it was like a 9 volt battery. Hiring someone for the job would be like hiring someone to change a light bulb.

Don't let the FIOS serviceman see any FIOS hookup with a battery, they'll want to pull it and replace it something with no battery.

In my case, I was fine with it, the battery was just something to worry about. If I cared, I'd get my own UPS.

Reply to
Dan Espen

It was a JOKE!!!! He said if he attempted to change the battery he'd be dead before the battery - and I said changing the battery wasn't THAT dengerous -and but a <Big Grin> after it to make sure only a moron would mistage it foe being serious - - - -

WHOOOOSH!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Isolation leading to severe brain malfunction.

I've been painting the basement and pulling weeds. I'm surprised I have the intellect to feed myself and get dressed each day.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I'm disabled so even going down the steps would probably result in me going DRT.

Reply to
invalid unparseable