Finish Nail Gun?

I bought a small Husky twin tank compressor , a framing gun , a finish gun , hose , nails , oil , ect.(complete kit) for 287 bucks at Homedepot online...Works GREAT for what I use it for..... Need to get a better hose though...

Reply to
benick

I've had nails hit something, make a U-turn, and come back out at me--sometimes with enough force to fly a ways. Sometimes the something they hit is just a really hard knot.

Wear safety glasses.

Reply to
SteveBell

My buddy has a cartridge gun, and he has to c*ck it for every shot. I wish I had a cartridge gun for those jobs where I just need to shoot a couple of nails, so I wouldn't have to drag out the compressor, but I would never use my buddy's gun for production work. I can shoot 10 nails in 5 seconds with my gun with a hose, but his takes about 5 seconds per nail. Maybe there are self-priming guns.

I've seen the little CO2 cannisters you wear on your belt. I might get one of those.

Reply to
SteveBell

Ok, I learned something. If you buy a finish gun be sure to get one with a rubber "no mar" tip. If you buy an older gun like I did it might not have one. When you fire the gun it tends to bounce and a metal tip will dent soft wood.

Reply to
Davej

I have a newer PC finish nailer and brad nailer. Both will dent Pine even though they have the rubber tips. It is a finesse thing, you have to press hard enough that it won't bounce and dent the wood but not so hard that it dents the wood just from pushing.

Practice makes perfect.

Reply to
Toe Dipper

I have a newer PC finish nailer and brad nailer. Both will dent Pine even though they have the rubber tips. It is a finesse thing, you have to press hard enough that it won't bounce and dent the wood but not so hard that it dents the wood just from pushing.

Practice makes perfect.

Reply: tweaking the adjustment screw helps, too.

Reply to
SteveB