Exterior floor tile.

I am planning on installing some kind of hard tile (quarry, ceramic, etc.) to an area at my front door. The substrate is concrete. Aspect is S-W. Location is NE Ohio. Lowest temp ever recorded in these parts is -24F. Every winter we will have several instances of -10F.

Are there hard tiles suitable for this application? Who makes them? What colors available? What is used for adhesive (Thinset)?

Peter.

Reply to
PVR

It's all in your Yellow Pages under "Tile", "Flooring", other entries. Shut down your computer, get out of your chair, put on your coat, grab a note pad, get in your SUV and head down to any of the stores on your list. There will be real live people there that know a lot about tile, techniques and materials. Most of them will be several skill levels above the help at the box stores. Since they supply local contractors they ought to be more knowledgeable about what will work for your project. Go for it and enjoy. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst