Painting dentil molding

I am putting crown and chair molding in one room of my house. I am concerned about leaving runs etc. when painting it.

What is the best way to paint it?

Reply to
Richard Jordan

Logically, you will save time if you paint the molding before installation. Prepainting before cutting to size is more convenient, and looks best if spray painted. With the large selection of aerosol paints available it may be a trade off to getting the tools at a rental place. Dentil moldings always look best if the well defined edges aren't blurred by paint gobs. Considering the low prices these days on home compressor/paint guns you may find one to be a good investment vs. rentals. HYH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst