exaxtly what is a buffer screen?

If your store doesn't know what a sanding screen is, they are rank amateurs. A sanding screen is just that, a screen type material with abrassive bonded to it. The advantage is that the screen structure prevents it from loading up or caking with the product of the sanding. It does an especially nice job on floors. I suggest you go elsewhere for the tools and supplies you need to do a floor properly.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Have removed shellac and wax from floors with alcohol. Tested floor with various grades of sandpaper in closet with palm sander and 100 to

120 grit seems to give excellent results. In searching on net keep coming across references to using buffer screen equivelent to 100 grit sand paper. At rental stores they do not know what I am talking about. they have various grades of brushs and the one that had sandpaper pads did not have the attachment that was needed to use it.

Stan

Reply to
Anonymous

John McGaw

Thanks to both of you and particularly to John for the link. Stan

Reply to
Anonymous