entering car without a key, stealing the signal

Ford uses a CR 2450 on the 2020s maybe they figured out the 2032 didn't last long enough.

Reply to
gfretwell

What you need is a Ford Skyliner.

Reply to
rbowman

A friend had two Austin Healey 3000's stolen in Boston. After the second one he bought a Volvo sedan. Who would steal a Volvo? Someone did but at least he got that one back.

Reply to
rbowman

I had an old Dodge pickup that was a real beater. I left it in the parking lot at work and never drove it too much. It had a Radio Shack cassette player that could be removed by pressing a tab and pulling it out. One day I got in and the mount was dangling by a couple of screws but the player was still there. Apparently the subgenius couldn't figure out the mount.

Another day I jumped in and turned on the wipers because is was raining. The wiper arms were gone.

The final shot was when I sold it for $100. Some old fart wanted the entire pedigree of the truck and carefully inspected it. He crawled under to find 2 transmission bolts laying on the ground. I guess the beer ran out before they could steal the tranny.

Said old fart kept asking questions to the point where I said 'It's a $100 pickup. Take it or leave it, I don't give a shit but we're done.' He took it. I really, really hate selling stuff.

Reply to
rbowman

I have a 2016 Kia Sorento, bought new in September 2015, and a 2017 Toyota Tacoma, bought new in July 2017. Both key fobs died in April 2020 within a few weeks of each other. Fortunately, both used the standard CR2032 so I was able to use a 2-pack of batteries to fix both fobs.

I guess it's safe to say that I don't change batteries proactively, since there doesn't seem to be much point. Both fobs have a physical key that can be used to unlock the doors and the engine can be started by pushing the start button with the dead fob. As a test, I completely removed the batteries and they still worked fine. I only lost the wireless convenience until I replaced the batteries.

Reply to
Jim Joyce