enough psi in a powerwasher for 3 story house cleaning of siding?

Curious what most have found to be enough psi for a 3 story house to clean the siding? (I think around 35 feet to the peak)

IE: I've looked at some electrics that max out at around 1600 psi, while the gas ones are around 2200 psi or higher...

I was thinking electric would be the easier one with less maintenance etc.. but maybe not enough power?

Here are two models in particular:

Sistema 10102 CleanJet 1400 TSS

psi, 1.4gal per minute, electric;

or

Briggs and Stratton 2200 psi

powered;

Thanks

Reply to
markm75

TSS

1400 psi, 1.4gal per minute, electric;

psi

Gas powered;

Actually here is a better electric, psi wise:

Karcher 1800 psi 1.5 gallons per minute

markm75

35 feet? A plain old garden hose will deliver a stronger stream of water at that distance. Pressure washer pressure happens very close to the nozzle. You need to be within a foot or two of whatever you are trying to clean. At five feet, there is just a fine mist gently wafting through the air.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Good to know this. I have same problem cleaning a shaded side of my house and had also thought pressure washer. For this senior citizen to climb a 30 ft ladder on a slope is also out of the question. Wonder if anyone else has a suggestion? Frank

Reply to
Frank

I had heard that the gas powered 2200 psi or higher units would reach that high (i posted this but it didnt show up ).. I wonder what the pro's would use.. or maybe they use a ladder..

Trying to find a solution that is around $200 , hopefully electric.

Reply to
markm75

They use a powered scaffold, or a ladder.

Good luck. High end electric units make gas ones look cheap.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Thats all I use to wash our siding. As you said a pressure washer is useless at that range and really not a good thing to use on siding that is closer.

Reply to
George

They must sell things that go on garden hoses that will mix soap in with the water. Last year they had a product that was meant for cleaning windows on the second floor. I think it was blue. Don't know how well it worked on windows, let alone walls.

Reply to
mm

According to mm :

"Windex" has been making a hose end sprayer unit for some years now, comes filled with the cleaner (not quite the same as standard windex). You spray it on the windows, wait a bit, and then rinse. Any hardware/DIY/Lowes etc store should have it.

It seems to work quite well on windows. It might work on siding, and if not, you could refill it with something else. They're cheap too.

Of course gardening centres are full of such devices for spraying liquid fertilizer etc, so that'd probably work fine too.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

#1 a plain garden hose won't reach 20ft if you have pvc plumbing your water pressure may be too low. to make matters harder - you'd thing going up on a ladder would help (dangerous with a hose). as it turns out the water wants to go to about the same height whether it is in the hose or not. (meaning you will not get 10' extra reach going 10' up a ladder)

#2 you cannot pressure wash from the ground because you can only "soft wash" from ground (don't push water under the siding upward) #3 you may need a gas powered if you expect sudsy water to reach that high without using a $120 wand or ladder

Reply to
John G