Electric Weed Whackers...

Hello all -

I'd like to get an electric/corded weed trimmer.

Doesn't have to be battery-powered, my extension will reach everywhere I need to go with it.

Any suggestions on good products?

There's a large Sears nearby, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

- John

Reply to
John Albert

John Albert wrote in news:53dcfcdb$0$6813$2c56edd9 @usenetrocket.com:

I have a Weed Eater EL15-TNE. Works ok for many years except that it's supposed to feed new cord when you shut it off and on. Often doesn't. I prefered a previous one that fed cord if you banged the spool on the ground.

Reply to
KenK

If it is Craftsman I would not consider it as I have had 2 that are terrible designs- in particular the 172.745450.

Reply to
Mr.E

You can get some that work pretty well at any place that sells home supplies. You can get some in the $30 - $40 (US) range that work pretty good with autofeed and everything. However, I have kind of gone off of those because they just don't hold up very well. I finally went ahead and got a battery operated one. I have a Toro 24V LIon one that seems to be working quite well. It did cost more but I can do the whole yard in less than a half an hour. Of course I don't have a giant yard, so that may not be too impressive.

I have particularly gone off of Black and Decker equipment of all kinds. They are generally less expensive than others and at first do the job just fine, but I keep coming up with minor aggravations while using them. This is right across all of the different lines that they make, not just one particular type of equipment.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill