Worx corded electric chainsaw - maybe bad brushes??

I've had a Worx corded electric chainsaw (Model WG303.1) for 2+years. Has worked perfectly until couple of days ago when intermittently started doing nothing when i pressed trigger. Thought I blew the fuse or overheated it, but no evidence. It randomly springs back to life, regardless of hot/cold. Wondering if anyone has had same experience with similar corded electric chainsaws? I've had electric tools that have gone bad via their brushes, but usually give them a whack and it comes back to life. No such luck on this. Seems almost random. Any suggestions (OTHER THAN go buy another/different one)?

Thanks Theodore

Reply to
milli...

I think you should take the handle apart and check the trigger switch. With the saw UNPLUGGED, using the ohms section of you meter.

If the saw is plugged in, when you close the switch it can cut part of your body off.

If you haven't got a meter, buy one.

How often does it not work and how often does it work? If it doesn't work 90% of the time, the test above will likely show if the switch is bad or not If it works 90% of the time, it will be harder to catch it when it's not working.

Remember, unplug ths saw.

Reply to
micky

Could also be a broken wire inside the power cord near where it enters the saw, even if there's a strain guard there. In addition to using a continuity checker while cycling the trigger switch, if you happen to get continuity while depressing the trigger switch, continue to press it and simultaneously jiggle and bend the power cord in multiple directions. I've had more electrical appliances fail due to open connections in the power cord than from failed switches.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

It's unlikely but how is the wall receptacle or whatever the saw is plugged into? Maybe try a different power source if you haven't.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Good points. Cords used to break all the time for me. Less now that I spend all my time on the net.

Dean, too.

Reply to
micky

I know, 100%, it's not the outlet, and not the extension cord. Didn't think of the power cord, though. I'll try fidgeting with the same.

Reply to
milli...

Follow-up to close the loop on this thread: you were 100% spot-on!! The wire had disconnected at a manufactured splice point WITHIN the handle. Found it quickly and easily with a voltage tester, and made the repair with a crimp connection. Thank you all VERY much. Saved me $100+ !!

Reply to
milli...