electric inspection question

I'm ready for my rough electric inspection, but have one question before I call. I have all my home runs pulled and all my boxes made up with one exceptions. Near my workbench I have a hole in my pegboard already cut for existing switch and outlet. I want to use these same locations, but on new circuits. However, the existing switch and outlet continue downstream to all the basement lights so if I disconnect them, I'll be in the dark until I wire up the panel with the new recessed lights, which I'm pretty sure I'm NOT supposed to do until AFTER the rough inspection. Will that be okay for the inspection in most cases? I know every locality is different, but I'm asking for generalities. Is it generally okay to have my old wiring still up and live until after the inpsection when I will take it all down.

Reply to
joemcinter19

I doubt it will be a problem if you explain your intent to the inspector. He will be back for a final inspection, and he'll see that you've completed the work

Reply to
RBM

Tell them you are calling for a partial rough and when he gets there explain what you are doing see if he will go ahead and sigh off that last box. I bet he does if the rest of your work is OK.

Reply to
gfretwell

well you could ask the inspector. in advance by phone call

if he is a stick in the mud / code make a jumper to temporarily power what remains of the existing circuit.:)

if you want to be nasty remove the jumper right before the inspector arrives and give him a drop light to inspect the basement:)

Reply to
hallerb