Easy-off was sprayed in a Self-Cleaning oven (2023 Update)

IT happened to me too :( ruined my beautiful LG self cleaning stoves shiny blue interior.

Reply to
INTEARS

Same thing happened to me. My husband used easy off HEAVY DUTY and ran the self cleaning cycle in our oven. The entire interior is pastey white. Is there any way to fix this? I wouldn’t be too concerned, but we’re selling our home and including appliances.

Reply to
Aldoughim

Same here! The water clean function did nothing so I cleaned the inside with baking soda and water and boom! Instant dull finish on the walls. It does not affect baking but it is really hard to clean!☹️

Reply to
Jrhino

I ruined my new whirlpool oven with dollar store oven cleaner, like..bad! A quick fix I have found is to rub olive oil or mineral oil any kind, It shined it right back up. Now it won't last forever but it looks 💯 percent better. Shined it right up.

Reply to
Sue A

Don't feel bad, you're not the first person to refuse to read the owner's manual.

Reply to
Gary Jones

Who cares if the interior of an oven is shiny or not? It's just a utilitarian cooking tool.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Get some stove polish. It's normally used on the outside of wood stoves but it should work on the inside too.

Reply to
rbowman

On Wed, 19 May 2021 18:23:34 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to digest...

The oven inspectors? I can't see inside mine without turning the light on. But then other people are more particular than me. I was more concerned after hauling them out after an oven fire to see if it extended to the adjacent areas and hope you don't have balloon framing...

Reply to
Tekkie©

IM so mad 1 year old LG oven with a beautiful blue interior i had used regular easy off before with good results however i just used heavy duty sprayed on for less then 5 minutes and now the interior of my oven is ruined tried everything to get it off with no results it is now dull with white residue all over if this is what it does to your oven BIG LETTERS NEED TO BE ON THE FRONT OF THE CAN NOT not proud of the inside of my new oven or easy off customer service i almost want to call MORGAN&MORGAN

Reply to
OVENMAD

The same exact thing happened to me today.

4000 dollars LG ruined I tried everything thing with zero improvement. There's no damn warning anywhere in relation to oven cleaning. Extremely angry:((((((
Reply to
Very angry

My LG is only about a $ 800 unit. I have not looked at the manual in a while,but seem to remember that it comes with cleaning instructions. Mostly spray water in it and go to the self cleaning cycle.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

They probably only tell you how to clean it. They should have a placard on the front with instructions like: Use electric only Do not use charcoal or wood in the oven Clean by following the instructions Do not use chemicals Do not clean by soaking in the bathtub Keep pets from inside the oven when on. Well, maybe not that damned cat.

Probably a couple I've missed. How about: Do not use if your IQ is lower than room temperature.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Dumbing down of America: 50 years ago, your car's owner's manual showed how to adjust the valves. Today's manuals warn you not to drink the contents of the battery.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

So what's the big deal about using oven cleaner in a self cleaning oven??? Assuming you don't use it with the self cleaning cycle

This is from the GE appliance support site:

Do not clean your self-clean oven with commercial oven cleaners, even those designed for self-clean ovens. Self-clean ovens offer a self-clean cycle, and most models manufactured 2016 and after also have a Steam Clean cycle. You can also manually clean them with dish soap and water. For more information: Wall Ovens and Ranges - Manually Cleaning Self Clean Oven ?Do not use any commercial oven cleaner in or around any part of the self-clean oven. ?Continuous use of chemical cleaners on a self-cleaning oven liner will cause etching and discoloration of the liner, and eventually cause the oven not to clean effectively when using the self-clean cycle.

If a commercial oven cleaner has been used on a self-cleaning oven: ?Be sure to remove all traces of the cleaner prior to operating the self-cleaning cycle again. Oven cleaner residue should be rinsed with clear water by using a damp (not soaked) rag.

I've done it - on purpose - with no adverse effects.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Didn't your parents teach you anything? Everybody know you don't spray a self-cleaning oven with oven cleaner.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Were you able to fix it? I have the same LG blue interior with the same issue.

Reply to
Very angry

Did you figure any possible way to fix it? I have the same exact problem

Reply to
Very angry

Can you still cook with the residue? I have the same problem but don't want to poison my food

Reply to
Goaliewings

Just wash the darn thing and use it.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Janet, I have the exact same stove and my BFF used an oven cleaner on the inside and it is ruined. The oven itself still works but the interior is chalky white looking. I’ve done everything I know to do to try to restore it and it doesn’t matter.

Reply to
Traffichazard