Dryer Vent Inline Diverter Energy Saver - Advice wanted

I made my own also. Still using it.

With a 16 X 20 furnace filter, I don't have much air restriction, if any. I vacuum the filter weekly and replace it when lint impregnation begins (~monthly). I've never had wetness on floor or condensating anywhere.

My main forced air return duct is in the utility room (basement) with the dryer. I added a closable vent to the duct to draw the heated/humidified air into the forced air system during the winter months when the furnace runs and the dryer is vented to the filter box. I check the furnace filter often and have found no extra lint build up due to the dryer.

Steve

41N
Reply to
Steve IA

you can not use the exhaust from a gas dryer.

you can use the exhaust from an electric dryer.

also, here's a better vent closing device:

buffalobill