Dryer only heats intermittently

My relatively new (3 years old?) Frigidaire dryer (Model FEO332CES0, Heavy Duty w/ Moisture Sensor) only heats intermittently. The heater runs for about 5 minutes then stops heating, although the drum continues to tumble.

I suspect it's something in the heat sensor or the moisture sensor, but don't know where to look.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Take it outside, and blow out all the air passages with compressed air or a leaf blower.

Reply to
Bob F

check the dryer vent system for obstructions, clogging can create your trouble.

I had the same problem as you are, found a low dip in the vent line nearly filled with water:(

this must of occured after replacing a coiuple washer hoses, stuff got moved around, but didnt show up immediately, I guess till enough moisture condensed to puddle and fill the vent line.

dryer dries much better since i cleaned and repoistioned vent line.

Reply to
hallerb

Do you have a time setting or any other setting that doesn't consider moisture? Use that and see if stays hot. That will narrow down your problem.

Reply to
mm