Drilling Cement

You can't??? I've been doing it for 35 years now, guess I'll have to stop. Dave ;-)

Reply to
Dave Morrison

This is good to know...you should publish your findings immediately. The concrete industry simply *must* stop putting aggregate in their concrete mix, nevermind that it is a defining element of "concrete". And of course all the fools that have been drilling holes in concrete must stop doing so!

(wonder if he hit a piece of rebar...)

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

You can mannually peck with a conventional drill. Just tap it in and out of the hole. It sucks compared to a real hammer drill, but it's better than just using the regular drill if that's all you got.

But get a hammer drill: they're not that expensive and they work much much better.

John

Reply to
raven

When drilling concrete without a hammer drill, I find a star drill and hammer work better than any type of bit in a regular drill. The ancient method works pretty damn well!

I wonder if anyone having problems with a star drill was like the guy I saw. He put the star drill into his electric drill! The damn thing got hot and lost it's temper! I wonder why? ;-)

Reply to
Tony Miklos