Finishing basement part 2

More questions

Question about basement walls.

1) What are the different ways to attach lumber to cement (Poured Foundation) inside a basement?

2) What is the best way to attach lumber to cement (Poured Foundation) in terms of cost and ease of application? Nail gun, Drill holes, Cement nails...

Your comments and sugestions have so far proved very valuable and my friend thanks you.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

For both floors and walls, IMO it's pretty hard to beat Tapcon screws these days.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott

The easiest way for a non-load bearing wall is to simply glue the bottom plate to the floor with liquid nails type adhesive, and nail the top plate to the joists, then don't bother to attach the rest of the wall to the cement wall.

John

Reply to
raven

First, why are you attaching wood to the foundation wall? If you need to do this I recommend the gun. Anytime you can mix gunpowder and a nail, go for it! You can get a single shot unit for little dollars. For the base plate of a wall, however, I have to say tapcon screws. There just seems to be a little more permanence with a screw.

Reply to
edee em