doorbell wiring help

While replacing an old doorbell, which was working, my husband got the wires all mixed up and now we don't know what to hook up where. It looks as if it was wired for three doors but we only have two... so three sets of red and white wires (twisted together in pairs)and another which has red white and green. The doorbell unit itself has Back, Front and Transformer. Can someone please tell which wires go where?

Thanks in advance,

Deborah

Reply to
Deborah

orbell.html

Sorry, that link doesn't take you straight to the page.........you can still click on the link, click "home", then "site map", then "doorbell system".

Reply to
volts500

WONDERFUL!!! Thank you Thank you! I now have a chime at both doors!! but... only the back door button has the light on, any suggestions?

Deborah

Reply to
Deborah

If the front door button rings the bell and does not light, it is likely defective.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Yep -- the light is simply wired across the switch, so if you don't get a light, it's pro'lly burned out.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

It's not the light because I changed the button and still nothing.

Reply to
Deborah

Or the socket or wires to the light.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The push button activates the doorbell then, just no light? Did you accidentally purchase a push button that doesn't have a light?

Reply to
volts500

Okay, I took it back off and guess what? NO LIGHT... I guess I will go buy the buttons and restrict him from messing with doorbells again!

Thanks so much for your help.

Deborah

Reply to
Deborah