Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

This is to all you people who keep buying those fancy, artsy fartsy faucets and shower valves and toilets. If you have more money than you know what t o do with I say go ahead and buy whatever you want; but the fact of the mat ter is that you probably don’t. All those fancy plumbing fixtures a re like high maintenance trophy wives. They are beautiful but you better be able to afford to pay a whole s… load of money to repair and maint ain them and don’t start crying when she takes all your money and l eaves you high and dry, literally. Here’s a rule of thumb when buying anything: The more features and amenities something has the more money you’re going to spend to maintain it.
On 01/16/2018 09:22 PM, Molly Brown wrote:

Agreed!
For example, here is a simple $12 showerhead that works better than any $100 showerhead from the local bigboxsupermartstore. Amazon even awarded it with an Amazon Choice rating.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
On 01/17/2018 03:53 AM, Uncle Buck wrote:

I am very fortunate in that I live very close to and excellent plumbing supply store. The very old faucet assembly for my bathtub needed to be replaced and a friend of mine who does home repairs said I would never be able to find an exact replacement, so I should be prepared to to some difficult plumbing work and re-tiling.
The store had the exact replacement.
Bets thing is when you go in there they will ask you what you are trying to do...tell you exactly how to do it, then pull exactly the parts you need.
Thanks to Crown Plumbing (Milwaukee) I've tackled jobs I might otherwise not dared to do and they turned out perfectly.
On 1/16/2018 9:22 PM, Molly Brown wrote:

Not just true for fancy stuff but cheap as well. I recently had to replace an inexpensive leaky bathroom sink faucet from True Value because there were no parts to repair it. I put in a Moen like others in my house that have a cartridge in common.