Do you have an old oil fired boiler?

Do you have an old oil fired boiler? This is the time to get rid of it and save a lot of money. Take advantage of the $1500 energy credit while you can.

I just got an oil delivery and paid $3 a gallon, the highest ever. Some of you may recall I had a new System 200 boiler installed. two years ago. I was delighted at the savings the first year and the second year is the same. Based on degree days, my old (1978 model) boiler would have used 711 gallons since January. The new one used 429 gallons, or a savings of 282 gallons. At $3 a gallon, that is $847.

Be sure to check for state rebates, and no interest financing deals. You can buy new with little or no out of pocket, just pay for it all with the savings.

Most new boilers are much more efficient than the 10, 20, or 30 year old models, but my choice was from

I don't have any side by side numbers but I think this has a bit of a design advantage. If your old boiler is about 30 years old, it is getting ready to die or need lots of repairs anyway, so save now.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The same advice applies to any older heating system, be it oil, nat. gas, LP gas, electric heat pump, etc. if it's 20+ years old the newer equivalents are a lot more efficient and will have a pretty quick pay back.

Reply to
Pete C.