Do they sell 3 wire (with ground)) lamp cord?

I have a track light that's made to be wired to an electrical box. THe location I am putting it, has no ceiling box, and would require extreme damage to the building to run such a wire, and install a box. I wont do that.

I have seen that some track lights come with cords, that just get plugged into an outlet. That's what I want to do, and I have a device that I can use to turn it on and off with a remote control. I am going to be using three LED bulbs in the fixture, which will consume a total of 36 watts. So I am not worried about overloading the circuit.

But I have a brand new track light fixture, but it's made to be hard wired. I can easily attach a standard lamp cord to it, since there are wire screws on the connection piece. But it appears that the fixtures made to be plugged in, contain 3 wires with a ground.

Rather than spend $50 for a complete fixture, containing a plug in cord, I'd rather just buy some wire and a plug, and use what I already have.

The local hardware store only has 2 wire cord. But they are a small store. Yet, I dont recall ever seeing 3 wire lamp cord. Yea, I know I could probably use the round cable made for extension cords, like that orange stuff, but I'm trying to make this visually appealing.

Reply to
anonymous

Google broken?

|THD|google|D29B+Bath+Vanities&mid=s9JnGEXSz|dm_mtid_8903syd25186_pcrid_41293307497_pkw__pmt__product_203742110_slid_&gclid=CjwKCAiA47DTBRAUEiwA4luU2dysyoNlMMNMQKQq1UGh5w-mc5oC-XEFojClj-lcjyHCMYHAX6HMYRoCrLgQAvD_BwE

Reply to
trader_4

Hey Trump_hater_4, the OP wanted 3-wire.  Pay attention!  ;-)

Reply to
In Trump We Trust

K, here's one :

D_BwE

They are flat, white, grounded. One is even made for track lighting.

Reply to
trader_4

As if calling anyone a "Trump Hater" is an insult! That is the same as calling them a brilliant patriot!

LOL!

Reply to
Dove Tail

Reads like you expect to not use a box and leave the lamp cord exposed on the ceiling.

How are you going to hide and protect the wire connections at the fixture?

How are you going to affix the wire to the ceiling and wall?

What you have in mind reads like it isn't going to conform to code and is going to look like hell.

At the very least you should consider wiring this using surface mount wire-mold with a box.

If you post a link to the fixture you are installing, I and others can give you some better recommendations.

Reply to
Dove Tail