Do I really need 200 A main service?

"The Daring Dufas" wrote

I have a remote starter on my car and often warm it up 3 to 5 minutes in the morning. I doubt the electrics can do that, unless they have a plug in heater. That remote is really a nice gadget when the temperature is in the teens or lower.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The government does, however, produce money, but they can't even do an acceptable job of that.

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing recently printed $100 billion worth of new $100 bills. A substantial portion of the one billion individual bills are defective. The government is currently trying to automate a process to actually discover which of the bills to not put in circulation (to check them by hand would take decades). While these bills are quarantined, the Bureau has fallen back on printing the usual bills.

Each of the new bills cost about twelve cents to print.

Oh well.

HeyBub

What other US manufacturers? Chrysler was bankrupt too.

And Ford had been at bankruptcy and managed to restructure right before our economic collapse. The ford family no longer controls the company. they had no resoureces to buy GM..

Its sad so many are so clueless, the stimulus spending prevented a DEPRESSION, with 25% unemployment.

china would of bought GM and moved everything there but some parts warehouses.....

Reply to
hallerb

The LEAF should have a OPTION, a small easy to tow trailer with a gasoline engine.

So if you need to make a long trip just hitch up and go.

No doubt a smart fellow somewhere will produce them. Just a power plant on wheels:)

Reply to
hallerb

I thought The Constitution says that the government is to "mint" money not print it. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The same can be said of the "financial services industry" - banking, stock-brokers, and investment counsellors

Reply to
clare

Well, yeah. But they make a small profit. They charge the Federal Reserve to print the bills.

As you said, the government is supposed to MINT money. That's where the government REALLY makes out. Every coin that is struck and put into circulation is a net profit.

Reply to
HeyBub

I think it may have worked better when the coins were actually made from precious metals and the paper actually backed by the same.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hundai, Kia,...

As if that means anything.

You are completely clueless.

No make that, stupid as a stump.

Reply to
krw

Amazing. Now the Fed can't even PRINT money.

Reply to
krw

If someone at the mint was smart, they would sell the screwed up bills as collectors items. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

its people like you who will send the US down the toilet. you havent a clue, if theres no manufacturing here, and we send all our wealth overseas to countries who hate us for meddling in their business over oil, wikileaks makes it appear its our countries standard operating procedure:(

our country is well along to self destructuring.

want something special from congress? just buy enough votes

Reply to
hallerb

It would work if they didn't sell many of them.

Reply to
gfretwell

Wrong again, idiot. It's people like you and your hero Obummer.

Clueless.

You really are clueless.

Yes, and your kind is putting it right in the toilet.

You're a product of public education, right?

Reply to
krw

Someone probably has. ;-)

Reply to
krw

And krw has a GREAT vocabulary.

Clueless

Reply to
clare

With the cost to sort them ballanced against the 12 cents to print them, they should just grind up the whole works and start over.

Worst part is, they cannot EVER print the same bills again, because if any have leaked out to the "market" there could be unauthorized currency in circulation.

Means they have to redesign and cut ne plates before more can be printed.

Reply to
clare

That's $120M down the tubes. It's worth a year of an engineer's time to try to figure out a way to salvage them.

Huh? If they get this Fubar fixed they can (and will) print all day and night.

Reply to
krw

I meant if they shred the bills. - (or if they loose track of ANY of this first batch)

Reply to
clare

I understand if they lose track, maybe. However if they simply invalidate the series and destroy the bills I don't see the problem. Or even reprint the same series. If some (good ones) leak out they won't even be noticed.

Reply to
krw