DIY project: run 110 vac to tree in front yard?

You guys are all ripping on the OP, but this is exactly the kind of situation that ends up in a giant lawsuit against him, the company that makes the lawn mower, and the manufacturer of the extension cord.

C'mon, we've heard of crazier lawsuits that this.

GFI or not, I'd unplug the thing during the day so this situation wouldn't occur.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Who cares? There's always another yard-worker.

Reply to
HeyBub

:) california doesn't require recycling old car batteries by hanging them in trees connected to a 12 volt solar recharger and 12 volt christmas lights? :)

Reply to
buffalobill

It is on a timer. The entire front yard circuit is controlled by a switch just inside the front door. I replaced the switch some time ago with an Aube sunset/sunrise timer. But, sometimes the switch gets bumped or whatever and could be on during the day. I was just trying to be careful.

I talked to an electrician. He suggested I get an outdoor GFI extension cord and another heavy-duty outdoor extension cord to go across the lawn. That seems like a good solution.

Thanks

I wonder why none of the neanderthals with the caustic remarks thought of that? I guess they are only good at pissing on things.

Reply to
LurfysMa

Better yet. Wiedamark sells solar powered Christmas LED lights. Put the whole thing in the tree.

lukeo