How much for that boiler please?

Looking for a replacement for a Burnham V14A-T Oil Boiler purchased in 1989.

Would like to get a few suggestions from the group what the price of a comparable boiler would be today.

Happy holidays to all... Eddy

Reply to
long eddy

Rush Limballs

-------------------------

It looks like they Burnham's run about $2,800.00 to $3,500.00 depending on the model - BTU's, etc.

Any idea what's the time to install one of these?

If it's five or six hours X $50 to $75 per hour or about another 400.00 for labor - it would run $3,200.00 to $4,000.00 for material and labor.

I've got a quote at about $5,000.00.

I live in New York - upstate.

Feedback please. Thank you.

Happy holidays, Eddy

Reply to
long eddy

Go for it.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

My boiler job had apx 32 hrs on a simple install, 8 hrs fixing issues. They knew what they were doing as I know them and saw the job completely. Im sure with getting everything together 40 hrs was figured but near 52 was spent total on a small residential unit. Your boiler is not old, why replace unles a condensing unit is used, a regular unit will be apx the same in efficiency. Depending on unit you buy and labor and local rates who can say, nobody.

Reply to
m Ransley

--------------------

40 hours! Ugh.

BTW, what would happen if you need a boiler installed in the winter and it was 30 degrees during the day and about 15 degrees at night.

Wouldn't your pipes freeze? Along with your family?

Or is the installation of a boiler something that should onlt be done in the spring, summer and fall?

I thought that the installation of a boiler would be a day - why did it take a week?

Please advise. Thank you. Eddy

Reply to
long eddy

It took a day, started at 6am 3 guys, but im also including clean up, getting parts, planning, etc etc etc and bleeding 22 radiators, Actual instal was maybe 25 hrs but alot more must be figured in to do and finish a job. I helped bleed radiators. Heat was on at 6 pm. before they came I cranked the house to 79f and it never cooled below 66 or so, sun can keep you warm in daytime.

Reply to
m Ransley

I was quoted $3000 to replace a 100,000 BTU Burnham boiler. But the plumber advised me that boilers don't wear out with use. Nor does the efficiency go down. The fuel savings will never pay for itself in my lifetime.

Reply to
Stubby

"Stubby" wrote

That is partially true. Boilers can crack and leak, fireboxes can collapse, but most do not "wear out". If the one you have is working and not nickle-and-diming you to death. Let 'er go til she IS broke....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

True they wear well but if it is oversized or inneficient you can have a payback. most are 80% or so , new can go to apx 94%-96% efficient.

Reply to
m Ransley

My plumber said that is true for the new, vent-less units. These are very expensive. He said I'll never see the breakeven point.

Reply to
Stubby