DIY Garage Door project - ugh

Spent all day Saturday in 80+ weather installing a Wayne Dalton 8x7 garage door. First time I ever did a garage door before -- WHEW!

I'm happy it's over. Friends said, "You should have someone do that for you" But I decided to give it a try and even though is wasn't that easy, it looks great.

Now if only Lowe's would consider selling the locking handle kit. I thought it was funny that you had to go to a garage door dealer in order to get that.

Reply to
JaKe

Good for you. Try contacting Waye-Dalton for a dealer near you.

I know what you mean about installing doors in extreme temps. I've installed many in temps ranging from -20 to 105F. It's no fun but the job had to get done. After a bit of practice and the right tools, you could install a 8x7 in about an hour.

Now you can go on to installing an electric door opener...

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Nothing "funny" about Lowes not selling the locking door kit. They'd sell maybe 3 a year....cause everybody else in the world uses an electric garage door opener.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

Maybe, but their iDrive costs as much as the door. I got the manual lock for only $25. Let the consumer choose.

Reply to
JaKe

Reply to
j647