dishwasher timer replacement

I have a cheap-o Frigidare dishwasher that came with the house when I bought it. It has never worked right, and I believe the problem is the timer (it sticks in one place until we move it, or sometimes it skips right over the water fill cycle.) The model is a MDB100RGW0, and the timer part number is PS420885. I've seen the timer for around $85 online, but it's hard to find.

So, my question is, is it worth spending $85 to repair a timer, or should I buy a new dishwasher? The dishes have never come out particularly clean, but that could be due to the timer skipping over the fill cycle (can't wash the dishes without any water!).

Finally, where can I get a dishwasher timer online?

thanks, joseph

Reply to
Joseph O'Brien

Forget the timer, put the money towards a Maytag, KitchenAid or Whirlpool and get clean dishes. In the long run you will be much happier. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Don't think you'll save anything versus going to an appliance parts store.

But really, just forget it. I had a Whirlpool dishwasher in the house I bought, it seemed to function right, but it was a low end model that never got the dishes really clean. I replaced it with a Maytag, and all is well. I've had bad experiences with Whirlpool and Kenmore-by-Whirlpool dishwashers, and would avoid them.

Reply to
Steven M. Scharf

Hi,

I didn't see one on the parts breakdown, but some Frigidaire d/w's have a high temp thermostat in the timer motor circuit....if this thermostat fails the timer can stick where it heats up the water....if yours doesn't have this thermostat ( see left side just behind the motor ) then go ahead and change the timer for sticking.

That is a PartSelect only part#, real part# is 154351501

Cheaper here....

Fixing yours is cheaper than a new one and no installation charges/problems with R&Ring the old and new dishwashers. Make sure water temp is min 120ºF and the filters and spray arms are not clogged up ( remove and clean ) and this d/w should wash fine.

JMO!

jeff Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Some Frigidaire models use cheap 'slap-in' holders to hold the components inside the control panel. Make sure none have become dislodged and allowing the timer to bind in particular spots.

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Thanks for your help. I ordered the timer from pcappliancerepair.com as you suggested, and I am so far very satisfied with the results. My dishes have never been cleaner! (Even when I wash them by hand!).

joseph

Joseph O'Brien

Hi,

Thankx for the update!! :)