DIRECT BUY outfit

Has anyone here used this group that advertises daily on local TV? Are they reputable, reasonable, worth what they charge? What do they charge?! We're needing to buy some things like kitchen cabinets. Don't want the particle board version some big chains sell. Etc... TKS for any advice. -- Scot

Reply to
Scot

Can't read your mind about what "local" means.

But don't believe the infomercial pitch.

Did you buy liquid siding, and magnetic water softeners?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

For us it is worth it. we are buying a large amount of materials (cabinets, bathroom items and appliances) for our house renovation. Before you go in for the "orientation" know your prices. The get discounts on many items; however, so to other places.

Reply to
mike60510

Mike -- They don't seem to advertise on cable/satelite, but have warehouses in major cities. We also are renovating. Thanks for the serious answer. You obviously know what you're talking about. Of course we haven't bought yet, otherwise we would know already! This advice will help and we appreciate it. I have always gotten worthwhile responses from this NG. Best wishes,

-- Scot

Reply to
Scot

Scott.. I will agree with Mike. I know of people who have accounts with DirectBuy and as mike stated, if your buying alot (remodeling a home) then its worth it. to make the money back that you spend for the first years memebership, you have to spend a good amount.

the savings are there if you want to sit around and search thru the catalogs. The kitchen cabinets are ok (people actually didnt use directbuy for their cabinets) but they did buy their furniture, kitchen/bathroom appl., and all of their elects (tv, music, etc...)...

if your just doing one kitchen and a bath.. your likely not going to see the savings they say on tv if you add in the membership fees.

Reply to
dmlegare

Excellent, reliable advice. Reports from actual users give me principles to base clear judgment on. Thanks for taking the time to share this with me. We're going to pass on DirectBuy this time!

Scott

Reply to
Scot