Diluting Interior Primer

Just finished one room with Behr Acrylic Primer. The primer was good but little bit too oily and showed a few drip marks where I applied the primer too thick. I'm about the paint the next room so I'm thinking that I should dilute the primer a bit for easy application.

I'm gonna follow it up with two coats of good Benjamin Moore paint so a little light on the primer should matter much. Am I right? Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

is this primer in question latex or oil based?

Reply to
scott_z500

Latex Acrylic.

Reply to
nospam

I think primer is formulated to be applied as it comes from the can. My painters sand between coats and this should take care of any runs. TB

Reply to
tbasc

I've got a paint sprayer that says it's okay to dilute latex with water... it said add half a cup to each gallon if I recall correctly.

I tried it and it didn't cause any problems when I primed.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Zimmerman