Diesel generator, 2 questions

Gunner, I have a picture of a piece of paper with the drawing and dimensions. Please tell me if this is all you need. Sorry, forgot to measure the muffler's pipe diameter.

Ignoramus29889

Hey! Thats just fine. works for me. Measure the muffler diameter id on the end with the splits in it. I think...think thats the side that the hose attaches to.

One thing that I really Need..is the location of the bolts in relation to the bottom left corner of the port. Its hard to tell if the vertical line of the port bisect the bolts or not, and where.

On a fresh sheet of paper, draw the rectangular opening. Using the lower left corner of the port, measure to the left, to the outside of the bottom bolt.

Repeat for the top bolt, using the lower left corner. Measure to the outside of the bolt.

Now do the same, from the bottom left corner, to the bottom of the bolt. Repeat with the top bolt, to the top of the bolt.

This gives me the location of the bolts in relationship to a fixed point. I simply divide the bolt diameter in half, to find the center of each bolt, in the horizontal and vertial axis.

Other than that, you did a great job.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks.

Will do.

Thanks, not much of a job, obviously, but I will take some more measurements. Worst case, I could drill the holes for the bolts, myself. Maybe it is even a better option?

Ignoramus29889

Nah..Ill do it. You gave me enough data points to find bolt centers, but Im a big fan of "measure Twice, Cut Once"

Id hate to go to the effort of doing a nice job and have you screw it up with an 18vt cordless drill

You may..may have to open the holes up though if I don't put in enough fudge factor.

Ill also NEED to know what size hose you are going to use. That's moy importante. The adapter plate is the easy part..its the hose connection that's gonna be a toughy, as I have to leave enough meat that the metal doesnt fatigue and break out where the hose joins.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

The Russians even say "measure 7 times, cut once".

I agree with that saying.

I agree with this approach.

understood. I will take more measurements tonight.

Thank you!

Ignoramus29889

I concur.

I cut it twice and it's still too short.

2' won't break the bank, leaves room for errors.
Reply to