DeWalt corder drill chuck replacement

-------------------------------------

I have read over all the many posts that are already here about replacing the chuck and I still have a question. I have the middle bolt undone and am trying to get the chuck off, however the chuck is stuck in complete open position. As a result, I can't do the neat little trick of placing an allen wrench in there and whacking away with a hammer. Any ideas?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 300438 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
speedy1662

Pipe wrench on the outside fixed portion and a bigger hammer to "break" it

Reply to
Brian V

I second Brian's idea, or possibly a vise-grip pliers, but don't hesitate to really whack it hard. Mine took a dozen full swings

Reply to
RBM

And remember that many are attached with a reverse thread so you may have to BANG it "the other way"

Reply to
Rudy

if it's actually *stuck* open (and presumably the reason you're replacing it) why not put the chuck key in and beat on that?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

pipe wrench is your friend.